The purpose of this course is to equip learners with the knowledge, competence and skills necessary to deliver, assess and evaluate training programmes. Learners are provided with an opportunity to practice their training delivery skills and build their confidence as a trainer.
No courses to show
At the end of the course, learners will:
- Understand the role and function of training and development.
- Be familiar with the qualities, knowledge and skills required for effective instruction.
- Possess foundational knowledge in in the theories and best practices of training delivery, assessment and evaluation.
- Understand the issues involved in the delivery of training to a range of different learning groups.
- Understand different learning styles.
- Be familiar with a range of evaluation models in order to measure the effectiveness of the training intervention.
- Identify key factors in preparing for training delivery and setting appropriate training objectives.
- Demonstrate core skills and competence in the delivery of training programmes.
- Be familiar with a range of assessment tools and techniques.
- Be able to develop and implement appropriate assessment meth
- Course overview & assessment requirements
- Learning theories
- How people learn
- How learning enables the development of the person and the organisation
- Key principles and methodologies of adult learning
- Learning style.
- Understanding individuals unique styles of learning
- Impact of learning styles on the success of learning, education, work and life
- Legislative issues in the provision of training:-Relevant legislation
- Responsibilities of the trainer
- Creating inclusive and equal opportunities
- Effective preparation for a training intervention:
- Conducting a training needs analysis
- Setting SMART objectives to ensure the training course is effective for the learning group
- Selecting the content
- The lesson plan
- Use of training aids for the training session
- The training environment
- Training delivery:
- Presentation skills
- Key communication skills
- Motivating the learner
- Questioning and listening techniques
- The practical demonstration
- Supervision trainee practice
- Delivery techniques
- Training evaluation tools and techniques:
- Evaluation techniques
- Levels of evaluation
- Appropriate evaluation selection
- Knowledge and skills assessment
- Constructive feedback
- Evaluating learner progress against learning objectives
- Identify areas of success and improvement opportunities
- Self-evaluation techniques
- Skills Demonstration – Preparation and Delivery:
- Peer critique
- Review and feedback
As part of this course, learners must complete and pass all the following course assessments:
- Project: 40%
- Skills Demonstration: 40%
- Learner Records: 20%
- The project will require the learner to produce evidence of planning, researching, presenting and evaluating a training session.
- Submitted 3 weeks after the last classroom session.
- Completed on the last day of the course.
- Each leaner must deliver, assess and evaluate a short training session.
- Duration: 30 minutes approximately.
- The learner records are a self-reflective records of the participants learning throughout the course.
- 3 Learner records must be submitted for assessment purposes.
- The learner records must be submitted 3 weeks after the last classroom session.
- This Training Delivery and Evaluation course is delivered and assessed in English. Competence in written and spoken English is essential. If you are unsure about your level of language proficiency, we can provide an English language assessment for your convenience.