This short programme will help you to tap into creative problem solving techniques and abilities in order enhance successful performance in the workplace.
The programme will cover:
- Understanding Problem Solving, Creativity and the Drive to Action
- Moving away from focused, linear perception and targeted questions
- Achieving open plurality in thinking
- Analysing Problems
- Generating Alternative actions
- Removing Obstacles & Blockages
- Leading others to action
Part 1 – Opening Perception to achieve Creative Problem Solving
- Obtaining Clear Thinking by knowing how to separate ‘Passion’ from ‘Emotion’ when dealing with problems
- Thinking ‘outside the box’: Using Open Questions to Open the Mind.
- Introduction to the IDEAL™ model for successful Problem solving
- I: Identify the Problem
- D: Define your Objective
- E: Explore Options
- A: Anticipate Obstacles
- L: Lead others to Action
Part 2 – Exploring Creativity as a tool for successful Problem Solving
- Participants are introduced to ideas on gaining successful Creativity in Organisations (through the work of T. Amabile – Harvard School of Business)
- The session continues with techniques in developing ability to make use of a variety of perspectives to stimulate new ideas in problem solving and decision making.
- These Ideas are captured and a mind-map is drawn to show the relevance of these ideas to the issues at hand.
Part 3– Overcoming Negative Thinking – Developing ideas for action
- This session focuses on removing obstacles and blockages to achieving effective problem solving
- Participants learn to use the D.N.A. print to change negative thinking into positive action.
Part 4 –Being Creative in Leading Others to Action
- Great Ideas can often be lost in Translation
- Participants learn to transfer their thoughts in a way that makes sense to others
- Getting others to want to do what you want them to do’.
Certificate of attendance