The Hunter programme deliverables are as follows: 1. Expand the mind-set of the salespeople from technical competence to include greater ease and proficiency in selling 2. To provide the salespeople with proven approaches to enhance their existing sales activities ensuring more effective selling and a greatly increased capability to deliver a sustained and less stressful sales performance
Progressive and resilient Irish companies continue to focus on developing best practices and professional approaches across their organisations. For too many businesses sales training has been limited and the impact of this is evident by the variety of skill level demonstrated by team members.
The Hunter programme deliverables are as follows:
1. Expand the mind-set of the salespeople from technical competence to include greater ease and proficiency in selling
2. To provide the salespeople with proven approaches to enhance their existing sales activities ensuring more effective selling and a greatly increased capability to deliver a sustained and less stressful sales performance
Workshop 1: You, the Salesperson
People buy from people they have a good relationship with. The salesperson’s relationship is built around the three questions every buyer asks:
- Do you have high standards?
- Can I trust you?
- Do you care about me?
This workshop delivers practical approaches to ensure consistent delivery on the above three critical customer relationship management questions by participants:
- Gain an understanding as to the 5 buying decisions
- Becoming great listeners
- Developing personal assertiveness
- Learning how to deal with difficult customers
Workshop 2: Stepping Up
Selling is a tough profession. On a daily basis, the salesperson’s self-esteem is challenged. They have to consistently deliver in challenging circumstances. This workshop focuses on helping them do so. It addresses:
- How our personal mind-set and perspective are critical to the outcome both positive or negative
- The Flourishing mindset and steps each of us can take to develop one’s own
- Apply best practices in Time Management, prioritisation and delegation
- How to successfully develop new habits and business disciplines
Workshop 3: Understanding Self - Applying your Natural Strengths
Prior to Workshop 3 participants will complete a psychometric assessment online. An information sheet will be provided, assisting participants in completing the assessment which takes no more than 30 minutes to complete.
The core content for this workshop is based on the DISC psychometric test which will assist participants in understanding themselves better providing them with insights to be used in their roles as sales people. Participants will;
- Explore the findings of their psychometric test and the application of learning to their work environment.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses that can be exploited (strengths) and need to be addressed (weaknesses) to ensure they maximise their opportunities for success in their sales role.
- Determine ways to apply their individual strengths and talents to maximise their impact in different situations
- Gain a better understanding as to why they act in a certain way in challenging situations and determine effective personal approaches to challenging situations