Course commencing mid October 2019 - The Diploma in Accounting and Business Qualification is part of both the ACCA Foundation in Accountancy (FIA) Suite of Awards and the ACCA Professional Qualification. No previous academic or accountancy qualifications are required however some basic understanding of accounting principles and/or some experience in an accounting environment is desirable. The course is equivalent to the first year of a degree.
Want to run this event in-house? Enquire about running this event in-house
No courses to show
Course commencing mid October 2019 - contact WMC on 091 528777 to register your place
The Diploma in Accounting & Business Course consists of three papers/exams
- Accountant in Business (FAB/AB)
- Management Accounting (FMA/MA)
- Financial Accounting (FFA/FA)
Exam Fees: €165 per exam
- Membership £79
- Annual Fee £97
Students must also complete:
A professionalism and ethics module called Foundations in Professionalism.
This can be completed on the ACCA website before or after the exams (No fee applies).
Course Duration: September to May
3 subjects (FMA, FFA & FAB)
You can sit the exams on demand as computer-based exams (CBE) .
Western Management Centre is an accredited Computer Based Exam Centre and exams can be taken on scheduled dates throughout the year.
You can complete the Foundations in Professionalism before or after the exams.
Progression - ACCA qualifications:
After completing the Diploma in Accounting and Business via the Foundation –level route a student can:
- Transfer to the ACCA Professional course and start at paper 4 - Corporate and Business Law. (The first 3 papers of the Diploma are the same as the first 3 papers of the Professional)
ACCA Registration / Membership / Exam entry
All students must register directly with the ACCA for membership as a FIA student (Foundation in Accountancy) or Professional student.
Applications must be received in time for processing before the chosen exam entry period.
We will be happy to talk to you about your planned career route before registering with the ACCA.
Why study with the Western Management Centre?
- Each year the Centre has students in the top exam placings in Ireland.
- Prescribed TEXTBOOK for each paper included in the Tuition Fees.
- Extended classes for higher level papers.
- Highly experienced team of tutors and administrative staff.
- Over 30 years of teaching experience.
- Purpose built Management Centre and Business College with modern classrooms.
Are you ready to study?
ACCA has an online self-check module which gives potential students feedback on their level of maths and English. The self check is optional and free of charge and helps students decide if they are ready to start their studies with ACCA.