This course is aimed at individuals that work in a non-accounting role but still need to be able to interpret figures and understand what lies behind them. It is suitable for Managers, Supervisors or Team Leaders that have some sort of financial role whether that be managing budgets, cost centres or interpreting financial statements.
Most Managers/Supervisors/Team Leaders that work in a non-accounting role still have some kind of financial responsibility, whether it’s managing budgets, cost centres or interpreting financial statements. They don’t need to be financial experts but they need to be able to interpret figures and understand what lies behind them.
The course is designed to give participants an understanding of the principles of financial management and provide them with the confidence to participate in financial discussions and financial decision making.
- Understand company accounts and the figures within the accounts
- Use company accounts to analyse performance
- Identify key performance indicators
- Understand ration analysis and interpret trends and fluctuations
- Control budgets and costs more effectively
- Enhance financial planning and decision making
- Accounting principles
- Understanding annual and management accounts
- Main elements of financial statements
- How to read and analyse financial statements and management accounts
- Working capital management
- Basic performance ratios
- Financial forecasting
- Managing cash flow & cash flow forecasting
- Costing methods & costing for decision making
- Break-even analysis
- Purpose of budgets and the budgetary process
- Measuring company performance against budgets
Participants receive a Certificate of Attendance.