The course is designed as a Refresher Course for previously Certified Operators. The course covers the key operating elements and safety practices in line with the current Code of Practice. It concludes with theoretical and practical assessments and certification.
Refresher training is recommended every 3 years.
NOTE: Documented proof of previous certification is required.
All instructors are RTITB registered and the course fulfils all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) requirements.
- 1 Day
Number Of Trainees
RATIO: 1 Instructor, 4 Trainees, 1 Truck
COURSES- Public Courses Or In-Company Courses
PUBLIC COURSES: Courses are held monthly in our Warehouse Facility.
IN-COMPANY TRAINING: Please contact us to arrange a course.
T: 091 528777
Requirements – In-Company Courses
The following are required for all on site courses:
- Truck charged and in sound mechanical condition
- Area for practical instruction/test
- 15 empty and 6 laden pallets
- A room for theoretical instruction and test
- Introduction to the course
- Course structure – Instruction/assessment detail
- Standards and requirements
- Theoretical instruction
- Code of Practice 2002 – Operator responsibilities
- Operators’ safety code
- Causes/prevention of accidents
- Fork truck capacity/stability
- Practical Instruction
- Controls and safety features
- Daily inspection and preventive maintenance
- Manoeuvering in confined areas
- The hydraulic system
- Pallet pick and place procedure
- Stacking/de-stacking – racking – all levels
- Battery care and charging procedure
- Vehicle loading and unloading procedure
- Safe parking
- Supervised trainee practice
- Trainee practice
- Corrective instruction
- Competence testing
- Individual feedback/results