The course is relevant for all previously certified Manual Handling Instructors and holders of the Level 6 Special Purpose Award in Manual Handling Instruction (FETAC/QQI 6S0242).
The course refreshes and updates participant’s knowledge, skills and competencies in delivering manual handling training.
Updated instructor materials including master overheads (PowerPoint format) are provided.
The course is highly interactive and culminates with practical deliver sessions with instructor and peer feedback.
- Revise the qualities for effective instruction in manual handling
- Have an opportunity to refresh and update their delivery style and technique
- Receive tools to update and modernize their course materials
- Improve their presentation skills and demonstration abilities
- Revise manual handling risk assessment techniques
- Have practical experience of preparing and delivery a course
- Receive feedback and corrective actions
- Qualities and principles for effective instruction
- Preparing and planning a training course
- Practical delivery techniques
- Lifting skills – theory and practical (TILE)
- Manual handling risk assessments
- Preparing and delivering a course – Practical session
- Peer and instruction feedback and corrective actions identified
Assessment & Certification:
- Each participant is required to complete a practical skills demonstration
- Presentation on a manual handling topic
- A Certificate of Attendance is issued to all successful participants.