This course is aimed at individuals or team members that want to attain the knowledge skills and competence in the theory, principles and best practices of project management. On completion the learner will understand the basic principles of project management include planning, organizing, securing, controlling, leading, and managing resources and tasks to achieve specific business goals
QQI Award (Minor) Level 6 – Further Education & Training
The course is designed to equip the learner with knowledge, skills and competence in the theory, principles and best practices of project management. It provides the learner with the skills required to adopt a structured approach to project management which can be applied to almost any project management scenarios across all industries and and business.
Overall the learner receives both practical and theoretical training to enable them to plan, organise and manage resources and achieve the successful completion of projects.
- Duration: 5 Classroom days
- Additional time is required to complete the assessments.
- NOTE: Evening course also available (Please contact us for course dates)
The course is open to all learners however it is beneficial to be in a working environment and have some experience of team work. It is also desirable that the learner has good communication, decision making and organisational skills.
The course is particularly relevant for learners who are new to project management or have worked in project teams but now want to enhance their knowledge and skills and take a more active role in managing projects.
Facilitate and enable the learner to:
- Understand the key tools, techniques and methodologies required to manage a project
- Define the vision, scope and objectives of the project to all stakeholders
- Know what resources are required to manage the project and bring it to a successful conclusion
- Know the different stages of a project life cycle
- Understand how to monitor a project using appropriate controls and evaluation techniques
- Identify potential risks and implement corrective action
- Bring the project to a successful close and evaluate its success against agreed deliverables and goals
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Change and Configuration Management
- Project Management Processes
- Initiating, Planning and Implementation
- Monitoring and Control
- Project Close-out
- Scope Management
- Cost and Quality Management
- People and Communication Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
Assessment & Certification:
A QQI Certificate of Achievement will be issued following the validation of results by QQI and t