This course, designed to suit both new and experienced trainers, will develop and enhance the participants interpersonal skills. On completion the learner will have an accredited qualification in their knowledge, competence and skill to deliver, assess and evaluate a training and development session.
QQI Minor Award Level 6 – Further Education & Training
The course is designed to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to become competent trainers who can then develop, deliver, assess and evaluate their own training sessions.
The course also provides the learner with an opportunity to practice their training delivery skills and build their confidence as a trainer.
Overall it provides a recognised qualification for those working in a training capacity.
Note: This course replaces the old FETAC Train the Trainer Course.
- 5 Days – Classroom based learning
- Additional time is required to prepare for and complete the assessments.
- Understand the role and function of training and development
- Be familiar with the qualities, knowledge and skills required for effective instruction
- Acquire a foundation in the theories and best practices of training delivery, assessment and evaluation
- Understand the issues involved in the delivery of training to a range of different learning groups.
- Understand different learning styles.
- Be familiar with a range of evaluation models in order to measure the effectiveness of the training intervention
- Identify key factors in preparing for training delivery and setting appropriate training objectives
- Demonstrate core skills and competence in the delivery of training courses
- Be familiar with a range of assessment tools and techniques
- Be able to develop and implement appropriate assessment methods.
- Learning theories
- How people learn
- How learning enables the development of the person and the organisation
- Key principles and methodologies of adult learning.
- Learning styles
o Understanding individuals unique styles of learninG
o Impact of learning styles on the success of learning, education, work
- Legislative issues in the provision of training:
- Relevant legislation
- Responsibilities of the trainer
- Creating inclusive and equal opportunities
- Effective preparation for a training intervention:
o Conducting a training needs analysis
o Setting SMART objectives to ensure the training course is
effective for the learning group
o Selecting the content
o The lesson plan
o Use of training aids for the training session
o The training environment
- Training delivery:
- Presentation skills
- Key communication skills
- Motivating the learner
- Questioning and listening techniques
- The practical demonstration
- Supervision trainee practice
- Delivery techniques
- Training evaluation tools and techniques:
o Evaluation techniques
o Levels of evaluation
o Appropriate evaluation selection
o Knowledge and skills assessment
o Constructive feedback
o Evaluating learner progress against learning objectives
o Identify areas of success and improvement opportunities
o Self-evaluation techniques
- ASSESSMENT: Skills Demonstration – Preparation and Delivery
All assessments are carried out in accordance with QQI regulations.
Skills Demonstration: 40%
Learner record: 20%
Certification & Award:
A QQI Certificate of Achievement will be issued following validation of results by QQI and the appropriate credit under the National Framework of Qualifications will be awarded to the candidate.
National Framework of Qualifications: Level 6 component award (15 credits)