The purpose of this course is to equip learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to promote and maintain a healthy and safe working environment for employees in compliance with the safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
No courses to show
At the end of the course the learner will:
- Achieve an awareness of the factors that influence health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Be familiar with core legislation in the area of safety, health and welfare
- Understand the role and responsibilities of employers and employees in relations to health and safety issues
- Understand the importance of hazard identification and be able to carry out a risk assessment
- Promote safe working practices and procedures
- Key safety, health and welfare legislation.
- The Health and Safety Authority.
- Factors that contribute to a healthy and safe working environment.
- Principles and procedures for good housekeeping
- Purpose and functions of a Safety Statement
- Risk assessment, hazard identification and putting control measures in place
- Investigate, record and report accidents and dangerous occurrences in the workplace to include causes, prevention and emergency procedures.
- Health and safety management:
- Fire & Fire Safety
- Working with equipment (mechanical and electrical)
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Use and disposal of hazardous materials and waste and safety data sheets (SDS)
- The working environment and related risks and controls
- Infection control
- Safety signage
- First aid kits and their appropriate use
- Chemical Safety
- Manual handling and ergonomics.
- Safety committees
- Occupational health
- General health and wellness promotion in the workplace
As part of this course, learners must complete and pass all the following course assessments:
- Assignment: 30%
- Assignment: 30%
- Examination (Theory -based): 40%
- Safety and Health at Work course is delivered and assessed in English. Competence in written and spoken English is essential. If you are unsure about your level of language proficiency, we can provide an English language assessment for your convenience.