The purpose of this QQI Level-6 course is to equip learners with the relevant knowledge, skills and competencies to work as an effective leader and member of a team, independently and/or in a supervisory capacity. Learners will examine the principle theories and styles of leadership and the role and key functions of a team leader, including motivation, communication, planning, goal setting and delegation.
Tue 19 Mar
5 days, 10:00 am to 4:30 pm, 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM
- €1,295.00 excl. 0% - tax exempt
Organisations are fundamentally about people working together to achieve agreed goals and objectives. Team Leaders and Supervisors therefore need to develop effective teams which are all working interdependently with cohesion and team spirit in order to reach the organisation’s common objectives. The Team Leader or Supervisor’s role is to focus on day to day performance of the team and its members. The Team Leader has responsibility for allocating tasks between team members, for ensuring that individuals are supported in the performance of their job role and that output conforms to the requirements of the organisation.
At the end of the course, learners will:
- Critically evaluate a range of leadership/management styles
- Distinguish between leadership and management
- Understand the principle theories of leadership
- Distinguish between organisational strategy, objectives and goals
- Evaluate a range of motivational theories and how they impact on a team
- Understand how to delegate tasks and responsibilities to the team members
- Understand and be able to establish SMART objectives
- Plan and communicate organisational goals in a team environment
- Know how to lead, manage and monitor a team project or task
- Know how to take corrective action for the successful completion of a team project or task
- Be able to evaluate the final outcomes against organisational objectives
- Understand the stages of team development
- Identify different types of teams and their functions.
- Identify the characteristics of an effective team
- Identify the characteristics of an effective team leader/manager
- Develop effective communication and meeting skills
- Leadership & Management - theories and styles
- Team Management
- Understanding People & Understanding Yourself
- Motivation theory & types of motivation
- The "Art" of Communication & Team Leadership
- Project & Program Planning
- Team Leader as a Coach
- Portfolio / Collection of Work: 50%
- Skills Demonstration: 50%
- This Team Leadership course is delivered and assessed in English. Competence in written and spoken English is essential. If you are unsure about your level of language proficiency, we can provide an English language assessment for your convenience.